There are numerous reasons why a 360 Degree Leadership Survey is worth considering:
1. Safe & Confidential: We handle the logistics of survey administration. We suggest, the most appropriate 360 survey, create the timeline, manage rater lists, send out reminders, and generate the reports so you can focus on what is important; creating personal development and change.
2. Accountability Increases: Managers can critically examine their leadership behaviour through the lens of the leadership framework of the 360 survey, build clarity and personal accountability for development areas that matter.
3. Dialogue is Promoted: A skilful empathetic coach will help to illuminate blind spots, facilitate a high-quality dialogue and gently move the manager to a place of clarity, insight and commitment to action.
4. Strengths are Revealed: A 360-survey report will not only reveal development opportunities but illuminate where a manager is performing well and so is cause for celebration and reinforcement.
5. Multiple Stakeholder Feedback: Performance feedback is often one-sided e.g. a manager giving feedback to a direct report. By including others i.e. peers, direct reports and manager once removed, another touchpoint of reciprocal support for a manager’s growth is created.
6. Transition to Leadership is Supported: High performing functional contributors are often promoted to management with direct reports. However, managing teams require different skills sets. Some make the transition effortlessly. Many struggle. 360 survey participants can clearly see themes develop in their feedback to inform leadership development plans that offer line of sight to leadership mastery.
7. Efficiency: A 360-survey administered electronically is efficient. An depth and breadth of data can be acquired in a short time from a large number of stakeholders. When combined with ongoing coaching the speed with which the case conceptualisation occurs is faster meaning
the relationship and impact may occur sooner.
8. Leadership Programs can be Measured: The 360-survey can become a central feature of a leadership program. Participants develop insight and create a growth strategy at program entry. Then because they plan and execute a growth strategy through the program, participants look forward to the program exit 360-survey. This is when comparisons can be made and improvements celebrated.